Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
IT Smart Hands
IT Smart Hands are a convenient way for you to save time and money, provides skilled personnel to complete the installation for each project specifications. The term “Smart Hands” was derived from the term “Hands On” which as explained in the Merriam Webster dictionary is the “relating to, being, or providing direct practical experience in the operation or functioning of something”.
What is IT Smart Hands and How Will it Help Your Business?
Regardless of the expanse of your data center, having a competent on-site technical support team to provide immediate assistance in times of technical failure and service disruptions will always be of great help. While you have the option to hire a certified technician who will be stationed inside your company’s data center, it is not always the perfect choice.
One of the most efficient and popular alternatives to hiring certified technicians is getting Smart Hands services. Aside from being versatile and highly reliable, Smart Hands services are also less expensive to maintain since these qualified data center technicians are capable of performing a number of tasks instantly and with accuracy.
But before we head on further, let us first define what the Smart Hands service is. Smart Hands basically refers to a technical support system wherein technicians stationed inside the site can quickly respond to problems that may arise within your data center. In contrast to certified technicians, they are not necessarily trained nor duly recognized to specialize in a specific technology.
Some Smart Hands may still possess certifications to technologies that they specialize in, but the clearer advantage that they have over traditional technicians is that they can virtually handle almost all tasks related to the collocation equipment. How is that possible? Smart Hands involves the communication between an on-site staff and remote technical assistance centers that specialize in different products and categories. A technical support staff then receives instructions from certified technicians and project managers to troubleshoot advanced issues.
Why IT Smart Hands?
- Save money
- Skilled personal
- Custom services to meet your specific requirements
- Compliance and community obligations
- Asset Tagging – Asset labels and tags provide long-lasting and dependable asset identification for indoor and outdoor environments. Proper asset identification through barcode labels and tags increases accountability, deters theft, and tracks asset location and status.
- Trash Disposal – Unwanted electronics are the fastest growing segment in an already expanding solid waste stream – yet upwards of 90% of their component parts can be recycled. Our end-of-life electronics are filled with resources that can be safely and securely recovered and reused. We will help you safely manage your end-of-life electronics, including office products like desktop printers and phone systems.
- Unpacking – Unpacking and check of goods received against purchase orders or invoices. Put away products accurately into warehouse inventory locations. Move and consolidate product. Maintain record of received goods and reject unsatisfactory items.
- Recycling –
- Converting your end-of-life IT equipment into valued resources is our No. 1 goal. We don’t just want to turn aging assets into resources that help pay for new technologies — we want to help you optimize the two- to three-year resale window and get the most bang for your resale buck. Our experts can help you identify peak resale value on equipment being considered for refresh right now — before it’s too late.
- You’ll get professional, legal, nationwide, full-service environmental recycling, guaranteed data destruction, & certifications.
R2-RIOS Certified, DEP Permitted & Bonded, NAID Member, Fully Insured, DOD, HIPPA, SOX, GLBA, FACTA, & NIST Compliant
- Asset Buy Backs – Services specializes in the environmental recycling of retired IT equipment and print consumables. With expertise in risk mitigation, logistics, asset management, re-marketing, recycling, and data destruction, recycle and disposal services help you responsibly handle your outdated hardware. Assets commonly recycled: Notebooks, desktops, displays, printers, print consumables, servers, storage systems, handhelds, networking equipment, and more!
- Data Destruction – Party Environmental Impact Reporting and Certificate of Destruction. Nationwide Secure Electronics Collection and Transport. Shredding, Wiping, and Reporting.
Advantages of IT Smart Hands
Now that you know what the concept of Smart Hands is all about, here are three advantages to start maximizing the potential of your company now.
- Quicker Response Times – Having a technical staff on standby can greatly reduce the frequency of server down times and service interruptions that your business may experience. This is actually more practical for businesses which host and operate their own servers. With Smart Hands, you have a peace of mind that all technical issues can be resolved in as little time as possible. You can also submit your queries and requests (e.g. for upgrades) through an on-site technician and receive responses immediately.
- Improved Data Security – Smart Hands services can help protect your data by performing regular maintenance checks and data backups. Your business can greatly benefit from being protected from disastrous shutdowns that could take your company days or even weeks to recover from.
- Higher Productivity – With reduced down times and higher reliability on the performance of collocation equipment, your business can now operate with more efficiency. Also, by preventing frequent and prolonged interruptions, your employees can focus more on the tasks and projects that really matter.
Get a service quote today, Contact Us.